Jewellery – Fully Handmade
Ceramic Pendant – Turquoise White Petals
Ceramic pendant – Turquoise White Petals – piece made using terracotta clay and decorated with coloured slip, sgraffito and followed by honey glaze. The sgraffito is used to etch through the coloured slips and utilise and reveal the warmth of the terracotta clay underneath.
This is a unique item. Only one available, although there are similar items.
- 4 cm high (including decorative cord attachment) – 2.5 cm wide
- Terracotta clay
- Rolled into a thin slab and then extracted appropriate shape
- Decorated using coloured slips followed by sgraffito
- Bisque fired in the kiln
- Applied honey coloured, glossy glaze to the front of the piece
- Final glaze firing in the kiln
- Attached to cord for wearing around the neck