Jewellery – Handmade in our workshop
Ceramic Pendant – Seafoam Green Wing
Ceramic pendant – Aztec inspired design of a seafoam green wing. This pendant was completely hand-made starting with white earthenware clay, decorated with coloured slips and clear, glossy glaze. After the full firing of the piece in the kiln, decorative copper wire was used to attach it to the cord for wearing around the neck. One highlight of this piece is sgraffito used to etch through the coloured slip and reveal the white clay underneath – this is crucial to design and the effect.
This is a unique item. Only one available, although there are similar items.
- 5 cm high – 2 cm wide
- White clay
- Rolled into a thin slab and then extracted appropriate shape
- Decorated using coloured slips and sgraffito
- Bisque fired in the kiln
- Applied clear, glossy glaze to the front of the piece
- Final glaze firing in the kiln
- Addition of decorative copper wiring
- Attached to cord for wearing around the neck
Additional Images – Click for full-size
Leave a Reply