Jewellery – Handmade in our workshop
Ceramic Pendant – Night Sky
Ceramic pendant with night sky design. This pendant was completely hand-made starting with terracotta earthenware clay, decorated with coloured slips and clear, glossy glaze. After the full firing of the piece in the kiln, decorative copper wire was used to attach it to the cord for wearing around the neck. One highlight of this piece is the jagged, terracotta edge that was left uncoloured and unglazed, creating an interesting contrast against the gloss glazed surface.
This is a unique item. Only one available.
- 5 cm high – 2 cm wide
- Terracotta clay
- Rolled into a thin slab and then extracted appropriate shape
- When leatherhard, decorated using coloured slips
- Bisque fired in the kiln
- Applied clear, glossy glaze where needed
- Final glaze firing in the kiln
- Addition of decorative copper wiring
- Attached to cord for wearing around the neck
Additional Images – Click for full-size
Leave a Reply